Paper Shredding and Document Destruction
In a survey conducted by the Conference Board, top executives from 300 companies ranked the security of company records as one of the top five critical issues facing business. When asked which issues required immediate attention and policy development, the security of company records ranked second only to employee health screening. Document shredding is very crucial to company security and privacy.
• Every Business Has Information That Requires Destruction.
• Stored Records Should Be Destroyed On A Regular Schedule.
• Incidental Business Records Discarded On A Daily Basis Should Be Protected.
• Paper Recycling Is Not An Adequate Alternative For Information Destruction.
• A Certificate Of Destruction Does Not Relieve A Company From Its Obligation To Keep Information Confidential.
• Most Records Storage Companies Do Not Have The Equipment To Provide Shredding Services.
• Internal Personnel Should Not be Responsible To Destroy Certain Information.
• Information Protection Is A Vital Issue To Senior Management.